This form will allow you to initiate an emergency bypass of the MFA access requirement for School of Engineering sponsored GSuite Accounts. To complete this process, you will need access to your SHIP.EDU email and your SHIP.EDU login credentials. If you do not have access to either of these, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
The emergency bypass procedure consists of the following steps:
- Enter the full email address you are attempting to access.
- Check your SHIP.EDU email for a message with the link to access the personalized MFA bypass page. The link is only valid for one hour or a single use.
- Once the bypass is initiated, you will have 5 minutes to log into your School of Engineering sponsored GSuite Account.
- You should be prompted to configure MFA once you have successfully logged in. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you set up MFA immediately as use of this utility is limited to ensure system security.
MAKE SURE YOU ENTER THE COMPLETE EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE GMAIL ACCOUNT YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS!!
PLEASE NOTE: This method has a finite number of uses so it is highly recommended that students configure MFA the first time they use this method. Students who fail to configure MFA and exceed the maximum number of uses will no longer have access to their account as they are officially failing to comply with a defined School of Engineering policy.
If you are not prompted to configure MFA when you connect, follow these steps to properly configure your account:
- Click the gear and select “See all settings”
- Select Accounts
- Select Google Account Settings
- Select Security
- Select 2-Step Verification located in the “Signing in to Google” section