MCT165 is the current home of the department’s study area. The room is equipped with 10 workstations using a triple boot configuration which allows them to run any software used in any of the School of Engineering computer labs. There is additional workspace for students who choose to use their personal machines. This is the only lab with machines capable of booting into either the SHIP domain or the ENGR domain. This lab is where students in need of assistance with coursework will find the department’s tutors. Two room length whiteboards provide plenty of space for working out problems or just blowing off steam with a colorful collection of memes.
Our current machines are our old custom built high-performance machines with the following specifications:
- i7-7820X Extreme Edition 8-Core CPU
- 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel Memory
- Dual 500GB Samsung EVO NVMe SSDs
- 23.8” IPS Wide Viewing Angle WLED, Full HD Display
- Triple-boot systems with the Linux and Windows 10 configurations as defined on the standard workstation configuration page and a second Windows 10 installation with a configuration matching the one used in the Engineering Graphics Lab.
The wireless technology lab equipment is located in the front of this room and includes: