MCT158 is home to our high performance computing lab which houses 30 student workstations and a single instructor’s workstation. The current incarnation of the lab is equipped with custom built machines with the following specifications:
- i7-7820X Extreme Edition 8 Core CPU
- 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX1060
- 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4 Quad Channel Memory Kit
- 512 GB Samsung EVO 970 M.2 SSD
- Enermax LIQMAX II 240 Water Cooler
- 24″ Dell P2414H Monitor
These machines can be over-clocked to run all 16 threads at speeds up to 4.4 GHz for special projects. In addition to the standard configuration, these machine have the Nvidia Development tools for CUDA and other GPU-based projects. So when raw power is needed for a project, this is the room we go to.
This room also has a collection of legacy computers on display and is the future home of the School of Engineering’s hands-on computer museum.