MCT158 is home to our high performance computing lab which houses 40 student workstations and a single instructor’s workstation. The current incarnation of the lab is equipped with Dell 5490 AIO workstations with the following specifications:
- i7-11700 8 Core CPU (which outperform the previous i7-7820X extreme edition CPUs)
- 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX1650Ti
- 16GB DDR4 Dual Channel Memory Kit
- 512 GB Samsung EVO 970 M.2 SSD
- 23.8” IPS Wide Viewing Angle WLED, Full HD Display
In addition to the standard configuration, these machine have the Nvidia Development tools for CUDA and other GPU-based projects. So GPU acceleration is needed for a project, this is the room we go to.
This room also has a collection of legacy technology on display and is the home of the School of Engineering’s hands-on computer museum which includes a TRS-80, early PCs (8088, 286, 386) running DOS, Windows 3.1 and OS/2 Warp, and a few early Apple computers.