Below is the procedure for students needing unsupervised access to our labs to complete various assignments. While we believe the following process is straightforward, please ask if there are any questions.
- BEFORE ENTERING, you will need to complete the Lab Schedule Questionnaire (Coming Very Soon). This step is not relevant when using the lab during your scheduled class time.
- Upon entering, students will wipe down their workspace, keyboard, mouse, and any additional equipment with the disposable wipes provided before use.
- Students will wear their mask and maintain social distancing during their time in the lab.
- If students need to work closely for any significant duration (currently defined as 30 seconds), both students need to utilize a face shield. (Shields available upon request, ask your professor or contact support.)
- For shared specialty equipment, such as the soldering station or milling machine, the equipment should be wiped down immediately before and after use. When practical, wear disposable gloves when working with shared equipment.
- When finished with their work, students need to wipe down their workspace, keyboard, mouse, and any additional equipment with the disposable wipes provided before leaving.
- Students will need to wipe down the door handle upon exiting the lab after-hours or over the weekend.
Arrangements have been made to have containers of disposable wipes mounted just inside the entrance to the labs for quick access. There will be bottles of spray cleaner, paper towels, and additional containers of disposable wipes at key points around the lab. Please report any empty containers (wipes or bottles) to a faculty member or support as soon as possible.
Please Note: Unsupervised access to the labs is a privilege which can and will be revoked if proper procedures are not followed. All labs are equipped with security cameras and the footage will be reviewed.